A job with daily benefits.
We’re hiring compassionate direct-care staff who believe that everyone deserves the chance to live in community. Help individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in a group home environment. Join us, and every day becomes a day you make a difference.
The start of a
At Cornerstone Valley, we care about your long-term success. We offer regular on-the-job training, a positive work environment, collaborative team culture, and opportunities for professional growth.
• Direct Care Staff
• Management Positions
Now Hiring: Direct Care Staff
Full training provided.
Management potential in 1-2 years.
Human services experience preferred.
If you enjoy helping others live a fuller life, and you’re looking to make your career more rewarding, look no further!
At Cornerstone Valley, we help individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in a supportive group home environment. This work is filled with purpose and extremely rewarding for those who love to make a difference.
We provide a supportive work environment and ongoing training to set you up for success!
About the work
You will be providing one-on-one physical, emotional, and social support to individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Our 24-hour facilities offer a welcoming home environment and the opportunity for our individuals to experience community. You’ll support individuals by assisting with daily living, helping them develop life skills, and providing behavioral support. We believe in giving our individuals opportunities to experience community; you can help individuals live a fuller life by supporting their participation in outings, activities and community integrations.
Daily living support includes assisting with basic hygiene, administering medication, cooking, doing laundry, washing dishes and other household chores. You’ll help our individuals develop life skills and achieve independence by setting and meeting goals, completing daily tasks and following routines. With guidance from our Behavioral Specialists team, you’ll understand how to manage their emotions and behaviors. All together, you will provide the essential support to help our individuals thrive.
Are you a good fit?
We’re looking for people who align with our values and approach each day—and each person—with compassion, responsibility, and integrity.
To best support our individuals, you must also be calm, patient, dependable, and flexible (to work as needed).
To mesh with our team, you must be positive, collaborative, eager to learn, and dedicated to continually improving how we serve those in our care.
Must be 18 years or older
High school diploma or GED
Experience in human services preferred
Must pass a background check
Must be able to maneuver 75 pounds
Available work schedules:
Days, swing, overnights, weekends, and holidays. Hiring full-time and part-time staff.
Now Hiring: Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing a variety of routine semi-skilled maintenance tasks for Cornerstone Valley Inc. including fixing and maintaining mechanical equipment, buildings, and machines. Tasks include plumbing work, painting, flooring repair and upkeep, electrical repairs, heating and air conditioning system maintenance and other tasks required to maintain the buildings, parking lots and vehicles in good working order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Be a steward of Cornerstone Valley’s culture
- Behaves in alignment with our values of Compassion, Integrity, and Responsibility
- Treats others with respect and dignity
- Proactive, self-starting, self-managing
- Takes ownership for the work
- Behaves in a manner that sets a positive example for others to follow
- Upholds and communicates our safety standards
- Responsible for mitigating and reporting risk
- Follows all policies and procedures and ensures others do as well
- Participates in meetings and committees
- Conduct routine inspections of offices, group homes, equipment, and mechanical systems.
- Diagnose mechanical and maintenance issues.
- Complete basic and advanced repairs on equipment or structures in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Make accurate assessments when a repair will require expertise beyond our skill level and inform the Operations Manager.
- Creatively assess how to safety proof areas of the home. Perform the work such that the safety need is effectively addressed and in a cosmetically appealing way.
- As assigned by the Operations Manager
- Perform routine building maintenance tasks (i.e. drywall repair, tape/mud/texture, paint, etc.)
- Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned.
- Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed
- Repair, maintain/monitor all equipment and amenities
- Clean windows and glass doors
- Clean parking lots and area around buildings
- Change of all filters for HVAC as required
- Assembles, repairs, maintains, and moves furniture, such as desks, cabinets, tables, chairs, shelves, and related fittings and fixtures.
- Remove or rearrange furniture as needed
- Change light bulbs, interior and exterior
- Maintain exterior property and parking lots, including snow removal
- Install appliances or equipment
- Check functionality of safety systems (i.e.fire alarms, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, etc.)
- Inspects facilities and grounds for safety and security; identifies and reports hazardous conditions and facility maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Assists with structural pest control measures
- Shuttles vehicles to dealers for maintenance and repair
- Follows safe working practices and makes appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Conducts budget analysis of job to be done – seeks prior approval for charging accounts.
- Makes purchases for maintenance supplies within designated budget and at approved stores/vendor.
- Records maintenance activity in maintenance log and projects completed so supervisor can do quality assurance review.
- Understand, interpret, and apply all pertinent laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Any and all other duties as assigned.
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 5 years of proven maintenance experience
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, be able to read blueprints and repair manuals
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Excellent understanding of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
- Oregon driver’s license with acceptable driving record and current auto insurance.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Eye for detail
- Professional attitude and behavior
- Ability to maintain focus when working individually
- Ability to use common tools such a tape measure, drill, hammer, saw, wrench, electronic testing devices, etc.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High numerical aptitude
- Excellent understanding of occupational hazards and standard safety procedures.
- Must be able to work effectively and perform quality work with multiple interruptions
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instruction
- Exercise independent judgement within defined parameters
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and willingness to assist others
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- High level of integrity
- Excels at providing customer service, great follow through
- Desire to learn and grow in the role.
Travels consistently to offices and group homes, to stores and vendors for supplies and transports company vehicles for maintenance and repair. Must have great manual dexterity, can sit, stand, kneel, climb, bend, walk, crouch and squat as the job requires. May sometimes work in tight spaces, in basements or attic spaces. Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 75 lbs. Ability to work in extreme temperatures or inclement weather. Exposure to chemicals, mechanical and electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes. Can work around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, and paints.
Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.